One of the most watched sports in the world is tennis and, as a result, it is very popular among sports betting fans.
There are four major tennis championships annually; The Australian, French, and US Opens and Wimbledon. Winning all four in a single calendar year is called a Grand Slam.
In this tennis betting guide, we go through the best betting sites, what to look for in a betting site, and the tips and strategies you should know before placing any wagers.
- Good welcome package
- Sports betting
- Supports crypto currency
Review coming soon!…
Best tennis betting sites
How to choose a Tennis betting site?
When choosing your preferred tennis betting site, we recommend looking at the following criteria:
- Betting Options: Top online bookmakers offer tennis bettors much more than simple moneyline wagers. With betting types ranging from prop bets to futures, odds are provided on specific players, games, sets, and outcomes. The top tennis betting sites offer thorough coverage of all the major tournaments and provide live betting platforms.
- Tennis Betting Offers: Before placing an online tennis wager, it is worthwhile to take advantage of bonuses, promotions, and free bets. The best sites will offer a sizable welcome bonus to make your betting experience more rewarding. Whatever your betting strategy, getting a risk-free start will always tip the odds in your favour.
- Banking Options: Banking is essential to any reliable tennis betting app or website. The top tennis betting apps make it easy to make deposits and withdrawals. Moreover, the website or betting app includes step-by-step instructions, processing times, and fees for withdrawals.
- Customer Service: All the top tennis betting sites are built on outstanding customer service. Contacting the customer service staff should be simple, and the response needs to be prompt. The best tennis betting apps frequently offer a live chat option for customer support, making any problems simple to solve.
- Licensing: Pick a site that has a licence from a reputable body. For example, the UK Gambling Commission or Malta Gambling Commission. Also, ensure that the tennis betting site has the best security features installed – SSL encryption and two-factor verification.
- Tennis Betting Offers: Ensure the tennis betting site offers excellent offers. It includes no deposit bonuses, deposit bonuses, risk-free bets, and unique promotions on tennis tournaments. For example, if a tennis betting site offers a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $300, they will match the first $300 of your deposit with bonus funds. Besides this, another offer a tennis betting site may provide is a risk-free bet. So, when you see a book advertise a “Risk-Free Bet Up to $1,000,” it means if you lose, you’ll get the initial wager back in the form of site credit. However, if your initial bet wins, you will receive nothing. These are some examples of the different betting offers you can find on tennis betting sites.
Sharp & Soft Bookies
Also, when choosing a betting site to place your tennis bets, check if they are soft or hard bookmakers for tennis betting.
Soft bookmakers are betting sites that cater to casual bettors looking to place the occasional wager. These bookmakers are referred to as soft because their odds do not always reflect the real market price.
Sharp bookmakers are the inverse of soft bookmakers and are intended for serious players. The odds offered by these bookmakers are the most up-to-date.
So it depends on your preference. However, in the long run, we recommend playing with sharp bookmakers.
Tennis Betting Odds and Betting Options
The tennis betting odds are available in three formats: decimal, popular in Europe and the Southern Hemisphere; fractional, popular in Ireland and the United Kingdom; and moneyline, popular in North America. The same odds apply to tennis and determine the amount a bettor is likely to win from any bet, provided the outcome is correctly predicted. Overall, the most popular ways to bet on tennis are wagering on the moneyline, the over/under, and the game or set spread.
It is betting on a player to win the match.
Roger Federer vs Nadal to win
- Federer – 6/5
- Nadal – 10/13
So, if Nadal is 10/13 on the moneyline against Roger Federer, you’d have to pay $130 to win $100 on a Nadal win. If Federer is 6/5, a $100 bet will return $120. And, just as you can bet on the first five innings of a baseball game, you can bet on the winner of the first set in tennis.
Another option for betting on tennis is to bet on the game or set spread.
Game Spread Odds
- Rafael Nadal: -3.5
- Denis Istomin: +3.5
If Rafael Nadal’s game spread odds are set at -3.5, he must win four more games than Denis Istomin to cover the spread. However, Istomin would cover the spread if he wins or loses by three games or less.
The wager is similar to the game spread. The only distinction is that you place bets on sets rather than individual games.
Set Spread Odds
- Sloane Stephens: -1.5 5/4
- Monica Puig: +1.5 4/5
Using the odds above, you win if you bet on Stephens at -1.5 sets, and she beats Puig in straight sets (6-3, 6-0). You lose if Puig wins a set.
A wager on how many games are played in a match is known as an over/under bet. For example, if Serena Williams and Iga Swiatek play a three-set match, the Over/Under could be set at 22.5 games.
- Over 22.5 – 4/5
- Under 22.5 – 21/20
In the example above, choosing Over would pay out $100 for every $125 staked if the two players combine to play 23 or more games. Those betting on the Under would win $105 on a $100 wager if the players played 22 games or fewer.
Depending on the sportsbook, other betting options are available in addition to the three most popular types of tennis bets. These include:
Most sportsbooks also offer bets on who will win the tournament. Therefore, a bettor could choose to place a bet on an individual player winning a tournament instead of betting on individual matches.
Odds to Win French Open
- Rafael Nadal – 20/23
- Novak Djokovic – 12/5
- Stefanos Tsitsipas – 14/1
- Alexander Zverev – 18/1
Tennis odds are subject to change after every point, so you must be prepared to act quickly. So, with in-play betting, one can place bets on the outcome of a match, a set, or a specific game.
Some bookies will even offer prop bets, like wagers on the final score or whether a tiebreak will occur. These are high-risk bets typically only accessible to specific bookmakers.
Best tennis betting sites
Tennis Betting Tips & Strategies
With the right tennis betting tips & strategy and the following advice, you can make money on the courts with the abundance of tennis betting stats available.
Knowing the Playing Surface
In tennis, the court’s surface is an essential factor to know before placing wagers. Few athletes perform at their peak on all court surfaces.
While the clay court at Roland-Garros favours baseline players, an essential first step is understanding how playing surfaces like grass and clay affect the odds and how well each player performs on those surfaces. For example, athletes like Rafael Nadal perform significantly better on clay than on other surfaces.
Learn the Players’ Stats
Investigate how the players have performed in recent weeks or months. Besides that, the following information is critical: Aces, Breaks (saved/converted), and unforced errors. Also, the first-serve percentage, second-serve return points won, and service games won are also important. This information is useful when placing prop bets. Hence, the more information you have about the player, the better.
Another tennis betting strategyto use is matchups. To determine if one of the players has a historical advantage, you can check the head-to-head record.
However, before using the head-to-head records to place any bets, look at them carefully. For instance, the value of the information decreases if the two players’ most recent game was more than two years ago.
Tennis is demanding with constant movement and few breaks, so players must be in top physical condition. Be aware of what factors, such as the weather (hotter weather is more draining), the length of the match, injuries, and a player’s break between tournaments, makes fitness important.
Studying a player’s behaviour
Players are bound to react differently when ahead or behind, so it is essential to consider how they typically respond when certain underlying conditions are present.So, to accurately predict the players’ actions during the match and the likely outcome, it is crucial to carefully examine the various conditions under which the players have played in the past and compare them with the current match condition.
Best tennis betting sites
Common Problems Faced by Bettors
Though all the reputed sportsbooks offer exceptional tennis betting offers and excellent service to their customers, some bettors have faced some issues when tennis betting. These include problems with withdrawing, account blocking, and other restrictions. However, these problems can arise when playing on average sites. But, if you play with any of our recommended sites, the sportsbooks will try to resolve these issues immediately. Moreover, in the case of account blocking, the bookie will give you a reason why your account was blocked.
Why to Use Lionbonuses.com?
We have gone through a large selection of online casinos and selected only the best ones for our site. Gambling offers a lot of excitement in life. For our part, we want to make it easier to find the right online casino for you by bringing all the casinos together. Here you will find the best bonuses, casinos without registration and new online casinos always first.
We only select online casinos for our site that serve the needs of the players. Also, all reviews are done purely from the player’s perspective, completely impartial. We would not recommend our players an online casino that we would not like to play ourselves.
To keep you up-to-date on the wide range of different online casinos, we update the information for each casino on a regular basis. Also check at regular intervals that the Casino Bonus Offers displayed on our website are up to date.
We only list licensed online casinos on the site. We’ve added a handy filtering feature to our listings to make the player’s life easier. For example, you can use filters to quickly filter only online casinos operating under an MGA license.
We will comply with all applicable GDPR provisions and will never disclose your information to third parties. So you can join our competitions or contact us without any worries.