Sticky, non-sticky, wager, max bet, free spins
So many different terms.. But what do they all mean?
These are centric terms when talking about deposit bonuses. These terms are important, since they define what we are working with. Here I will open up all these terms, so they might not seem as cryptic.
- Sticky = The bonus money sticks to the money deposited. For example, if you deposit 100€, the sticky bonus will automatically add another 100€ (if the bonus is 100%) and the wagering will start immediately. Therefore, if you win with the first 100€, the win amount must be wagered first before withdrawing. Sticky bonuses also have restrictions on games played, or bet size used.
- Non-Sticky = If you deposit 100€, you will gain 100€ bonus money (if bonus is 100%). You can play your own 100€ without limitations regarding bet size or games. If you win, you may make a withdrawal and enjoy the win amount. If you lose the first 100€ and start playing with bonus money, the wagering starts. Wager differs, sometimes from 20x (times the amount of original deposit) to 50x. You need to play this amount through once and after this, the money turns from bonus money to your very own.
- Wager = The amount you must play before you can make a withdrawal. Usually a certain amount times the original deposit amount. If the original deposit is 100€ and the wager amount is x40, the amount necessary to wager is 4000€.
- Max Bet = The amount of money you are allowed to use per a single spin. You must meet the conditions to be eligible for a bonus, in which case, max bet is usually set beforehand. Usually 5€/spin is the max bet.
- Free Spins = Free spins awarded for certain games when using a casino bonus. Free spins are usually awarded for a certain game with a fixed amount of money.
By the way, we disclosure everything in our casino reviews. 😉
What makes a bonus good?
First, we got to define whether gambling is measured in qualitative or quantitative matter. One spin cannot be “better” than the one before or after, so the right answer is quantitative. The number of spins you can give to a slot, the better chances there are for wins.
100%, 200%, 300% bonus
When searching for good bonuses, start off with the biggest x00% available. This way you can multiply the starting deposit (but don’t forget that also the amount to wager grows). Choosing the right bet size compared to the starting balance and voilá, we have a good start. Games differ from each other in volatility, so choose a volatile game if you are looking for big wins. Lower volatility games offer you a longer gaming session but might not provide the “big fish”. For example, Hacksaw Gaming offers very good volatile options and Play’n’Go offers a bit toned down versions, where the gaming sessions might last longer.
When using sticky or non-sticky bonuses, check the required wager amount; choose the lowest one. This way in case of a big win you have a better possibility to make a withdrawal. Remember, if you’re using a non-sticky bonus, winnings with the original deposit amount are yours without wager!
Now that you are familiar with the terminology, let the bonus hunt begin!
- Choose a bonus which multiplies the original deposit the most
- Check the required wager amount! The lower the better
- Pay mind to whether its sticky or non-sticky
- Check the max bet!
Remember, it’s about the number of spins, not about the quality. Choose a bet size suitable for you and enjoy. Gambling is about having fun!
- Big bonuses
- Big welcome bonus
- Bonus wheel
- Comprehensive site
- Trutsted crypto casino
- Search by game providers